By 9:01 p.m. ET on Saturday, we will know who among Colin “Don’t call me Calvin” Klein, Johnny Manziel and Mantei Te’o will win this season’s Heisman Trophy. ESPN will air the presentation Saturday night at 8.
Chris Fowler, Joe Tessitore, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Tom Rinaldi will be on hand at Madison Square Garden’s Best Buy Theater to discuss the finalists and then the breakdown for voting for the eventual winner.
ESPN Radio will also air the presentation to be co-hosted by Freddie Coleman and Mel Kiper, Jr. The show will air live on radio starting at 7 p.m. ET.
Let’s take a look at the ESPN press release.
ESPN will continue its comprehensive college football coverage with the exclusive telecast of the 78th annual Heisman Trophy Presentation on Saturday, Dec. 8, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. The live telecast, from the Best Buy Theater in New York, will also be available on WatchESPN, ESPN Mobile TV and ESPN Radio. The three finalists are senior quarterback Collin Klein (Kansas State), red-shirt freshman quarterback Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and senior linebacker Manti Te’o (Notre Dame). Highlights:
- Host Chris Fowler will be joined by College GameDay colleagues Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and Tom Rinaldi.
- ESPN college football commentator and “Heismanologist” Joe Tessitore will give historical analysis using the Heisman Touchscreen – a 65-inch monitor application. He will also analyze the voting results by region.
- ESPN’s 16th year of televising the presentation includes interviews with and features on all the finalists in attendance and conversations with their head coaches.
- Television personality and Notre Dame alum Regis Philbin will narrate a tribute to the former Fighting Irish Heisman winners.
- A 50th anniversary tribute to 1962 winner Terry Baker (Oregon State)
- Freddie Coleman and Mel Kiper, Jr. will co-host the three-hour Heisman Trophy Special on ESPN Radio beginning at 7 p.m. The special will feature live coverage the Heisman winner announcement and his acceptance speech, as well as pre-presentation interviews with the three finalists in New York, and a post-announcement interview with the winner.
ESPN International networks will provide live or delayed coverage of the Heisman Presentation on ESPN Americas, ESPN Atlantic, ESPN2 Australia, ESPN2 Caribbean, ESPN Middle East, ESPN PacRim and TSN Canada.
That is all.