This week marks for all intents and purposes, the final week of conference play in college football. There are conference championships in the ACC, Big Ten, C-USA, MAC, Pac-12 and SEC. ESPN platforms will carry four of them either through TV or radio.
The ESPN family of networks also will air the regular season finales in conferences that don’t have championship games including the Big East, the Big 12 and Mountain West.
And with the Football Championship Subdivision in the midst of the second round of its playoffs, ESPN3 will be carrying games online from across the country.
We have the schedule for Week 14 across ESPN’s platforms.
Football Championship Week Highlighted by Games with Conference Championship & Bowl Bid Implications
ESPN’s college football “Championship Week” schedule will include games with conference championship and bowl bid implications, highlighted by five matchups in which the winning team will win the conference title.
- ESPN’s Thursday prime-time telecast on November 29 will pit Louisville at Rutgers in a BIG EAST matchup at 7:30 p.m. Rutgers will win the conference with a victory over Louisville. ABC will also televise Cincinnati at Connecticut on Saturday, Dec. 1, at 3:30 p.m. If Louisville and Cincinnati win and create a four-way tie for the championship, the higher-ranked team in the BCS Standings between Louisville and Rutgers will receive the conference’s BCS berth. The highest-ranked team in the BCS Standings between Louisville, Rutgers and Syracuse will receive the BCS bid with a Louisville and Connecticut victory.
- ESPN2 and ESPN Radio will each offer a conference championship game on Friday, Nov. 30:
- ESPN2 will televise the MAC Football Championship, No. 21 Northern Illinois vs. No. 17 Kent State in a showdown of one-loss teams at 7 p.m. ET.
- ESPN Radio will broadcast No. 16 UCLA at No. 8 Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship Game at 8 p.m.
- The lineup for Saturday, Dec. 1, will include ACC and Conference USA championship games and a matchup between the top two teams of the Sun Belt:
- ESPN’s prime-time telecast will feature No. 13 Florida State vs. Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship Game at 8 p.m.
- ESPN2 and ESPN 3D will televise Central Florida at Tulsa in a matchup of 9-3 teams in the Conference USA Championship Game at noon.
- ESPN3 will carry Middle Tennessee at Arkansas State in a matchup for the Sun Belt Conference title at 3 p.m. Both teams have an 8-3 overall and 6-1 in conference record.
- Additional games with conference and bowl implications on Saturday, Dec. 1:
- No. 6 Kansas State will host No. 18 Texas on the ABC Saturday Night Football broadcast at 8 p.m. One-loss Kansas State will clinch the Big 12 title and the conference’s automatic BCS berth with a win or a No. 11 Oklahoma loss. ESPN will televise Oklahoma at TCU Saturday, Dec. 1 at noon.
- ABC will also broadcast No. 20 Boise State at Nevada at 3:30 p.m. Boise State can clinch a share of the Mountain West Conference title with a win.
- ESPN3 will carry eight games from the Football Championship Subdivision quarterfinals on Saturday, Dec. 1.
ESPN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, ESPN 3D and ESPN Radio Schedule
Date Time (ET) Game / Commentators Network Thu, Nov 29 7:30 p.m. Louisville at Rutgers
Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack & Samantha Steele
ESPN Fri, Nov 30 7 p.m. MAC Football Championship: No. 21 Northern Illinois vs. No. 17 Kent State (from Detroit)
Carter Blackburn, Rod Gilmore & Jemele Hill
ESPN2 8 p.m. Pac-12 Championship Game: No. 16 UCLA at No. 8 Stanford
Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Joe Schad
ESPN Radio Sat, Dec 1 Noon No. 11 Oklahoma at TCU
Joe Tessitore, Matt Millen & Shannon Spake
ESPN Noon Conference USA Championship Game: UCF at Tulsa
Dave Pasch, Brian Griese & Jenn Brown
ESPN2 & ESPN 3D Noon No. 23 Oklahoma State at Baylor
Dave Lamont, Tom Ramsey, Ian Fitzsimmons
ESPN Radio 2 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: New Hampshire at Wofford ESPN3 2 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Coastal Carolina at Old Dominion ESPN3 2 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Central Arkansas at Georgia Southern ESPN3 2 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Illinois State at Appalachian State ESPN3 3 p.m. Middle Tennessee at Arkansas State
Brock Bowling & Cole Cubelic
ESPN3 3:30 p.m. No. 20 Boise State at Nevada
Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham & Jeannine Edwards
ABC & ESPN3 * Cincinnati at Connecticut
Bob Wischusen, Danny Kanell & Maria Taylor
ABC & ESPN3 * 4 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: South Dakota State at North Dakota State ESPN3 4 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Cal Poly at Sam Houston State ESPN3 6 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Wagner at Eastern Washington ESPN3 7 p.m. Pittsburgh at South Florida
Mark Jones, Brock Huard & Quint Kessenich
ESPN2 7 p.m. FCS Championship Second Round: Stony Brook at Montana State ESPN3 8 p.m. No. 18 Texas at No. 6 Kansas State
Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge & Holly Rowe
ABC 8 p.m. ACC Championship Game: No. 13 Florida State vs. Georgia Tech (Charlotte)
ESPN: Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit & Heather Cox
Radio: Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Joe Schad
ESPN & ESPN Radio
* Local blackout may apply
And the Fox Sports Media Group’s college football games for Week 14 will be posted next.