I’m doing a Twitter hashtag to see if I can get into the search for Blogs with Balls 5 which I was supposed to attend, but could not. Anyway, you don’t need to know what happened.
On Sunday, MLB Network airs its first-ever postseason game with Game 2 of the Oakland-Detroit series live at noon ET. Matt Vasgersian and Jim Kaat will call the game with Sam Ryan serving as your on-field reporter.
Later in the week, Bob Costas will take his turn at the mic with Kaat and again, Ryan on the field. This marks the first year that MLB Network gets into the postseason game and it will continue through the new TV contract when it starts in 2014.
We have your details.
GAME TWO OF THE 2012 AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES FEATURING THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS AT DETROIT TIGERS TO AIR EXCLUSIVELY ON MLB NETWORK THIS SUNDAY OCTOBER 7 AT 12:00 P.M. ET
Athletics at Tigers Marks MLB Network’s First-Ever Postseason Game Telecast
MLB Network’s Matt Vasgersian and Jim Kaat to Call the Game
Game Marks Kaat’s First MLB Postseason Telecast in 17 Years
Secaucus, N.J., October 5, 2012 – For the first time in its four-year history, MLB Network will exclusively televise a Postseason game as Matt Vasgersian and Jim Kaat call Game Two of the American League Division Series featuring the Oakland Athletics at Detroit Tigers this Sunday, October 7 at 12:00 p.m. ET, live from Comerica Park.
- The game marks Kaat’s return to an MLB Postseason telecast for the first time in 17 years and Vasgersian’s first-ever MLB Postseason call after being the play-by-play voice for the Milwaukee Brewers and San Diego Padres for eleven seasons before joining MLB Network in 2009.
- Bob Costas will join Kaat in the broadcast booth to call MLB Network’s second exclusive LDS game telecast on Wednesday, October 10.
- Wednesday’s game will mark Costas’s first MLB Postseason game call since the 2000 ALCS.
- Sam Ryan will serve as reporter for both LDS game telecasts on MLB Network.
- Both game telecasts will be available across the country exclusively on MLB Network, including Detroit and Oakland’s home television territories.
- MLB Network will air complete coverage of the 2012 Postseason, including previews, highlights, analysis, interviews and press conferences across all of its studio programming. MLB Tonight will air live before and after every Postseason game, with reporters on-site at each ballpark during the Division Series and Championship Series, and MLB Tonight and Intentional Talk on the road during the World Series.
- 2008 World Series champion Jimmy Rollins and two-time American League champion Omar Vizquel will serve as in-studio guest analysts on MLB Tonight during the League Division Series.
- MLB Network will keep its social media followers updated with the latest news, quotes, interview clips and breakdowns using #MLBTonight, #Postseason and #WorldSeries through its presence on Facebook and Twitter. Fans can also stay up to date by following MLB Network’s on-air personalities on Twitter.
- MLB Network is available on each of the top 10 video distributors in the U.S. and local channel listings are available at www.FindMLBNetwork.com.
One more MLB Postseason press release post coming up.