What a magical time in the Bay Area. The Giants have caught the imagination of fans in Northern California (except the A’s fans) with their run in the National League Division Series and the National League Championship Series going 6-0 in elimination games, four of those on the road.
Well, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, the home of the Giants, will be all over the World Series as Games 1 & 2 will be played at AT&T Park on Wednesday and Thursday.
Throughout the duration of the Fall Classic, CSN Bay Area will have live pre and postgame shows with Greg Papa and Scott Reiss with analysts Vida Blue, Bill Laskey and Bip Roberts. CSNBA will assign reporter Amy Gutierrez and insiders Andrew Baggarly and Ray Ratto. In addition, Giants TV voices Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow will be part of the coverage.
Here’s the Comcast SportsNet Bay Area press release.
COMCAST SPORTSNET BAY AREA, CSNBAYAREA.COM ANNOUNCE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WORLD SERIES MULTI-PLATFORM COVERAGE
Network to Provide Region’s Most Comprehensive Giants/Tigers World Series Coverage with SportsNet Central, SportsNet Central: October Quest Pregame and Postgame Shows & Chronicle Live
SportsNet Central: October Quest Featuring Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper,Presenting Insightful Analysis and Commentary
Live Giants/Tigers Press Conferences, Exclusive Online Videos, Player and Coach Interviews,In-Depth Analysis and More at CSNBayArea.com SportsNet Central and Chronicle Live to Broadcast from Willie Mays Plaza atAT&T Park During Home Games
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (October 22, 2012) – Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, the on-air and online home of “Authentic Bay Area Sports,” continues its “October Quest” coverage into the World Series with Northern California’s most complete and up-to-the-minute reporting of the 2012 National League Champion San Francisco Giants as they prepare to take on the American League Champion Detroit Tigers. Throughout the Giants’ quest for a second World Series championship in three years, the region’s most dedicated news team will present in-depth preview and analysis programming, extensive pregame and postgame shows and widespread online coverage from CSNBayArea.com.
SportsNet Central: October Quest
- Live Pregame Coverage: One hour before each national broadcast, Comcast SportsNet (@CSNAuthentic) will lead viewers right up to first pitch with a comprehensive preview of the upcoming game, pregame interviews, expert analysis and insight, and the latest team news and headlines on SportsNet Central: October Quest (@CSNAuthentic).
- Live Postgame Coverage: Immediately following each game, SportsNet Central: October Quest will feature an hour-long in-depth game analysis and breakdown, game highlights, extensive clubhouse interviews and player reactions, plus a preview of the next match-up.
- Comcast SportsNet’s Giants World Series coverage is anchored by the region’s deepest sports news roster, featuring Greg Papa, Scott Reiss (@ScottReissCSN), CSNBayArea.com’s Giants Insider Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) and Senior Insider Ray Ratto (@RattoCSN), and Giants in-game reporter Amy Gutierrez (@AmyGGiants). Giants analysts Bill Laskey (@Laskey19), Vida Blue and Bip Roberts (@Bipster10) will offer in-depth game analysis, and commentator and Giants reporter Jaymee Sire (@JaymeeSireCSN) will conduct clubhouse interviews. Former Giants pitcher Shawn Estes (@Sestes55) will provide additional breakdown for all away games.
- Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper will also join Comcast SportsNet’s World Series coverage with exclusive and insightful game analysis and commentary on SportsNet Central: October Quest.
- Live Giants/Tigers Series Preview Specials: At 6:30 p.m. on non-game nights, SportsNet Central: October Quest will continue its special half-hour Giants/Tigers preview and analysis, along with the latest team reports and news from around MLB.
- Live Giants/Tigers News Conferences: Comcast SportsNet will present live Giants/Tigers news conferences on-air and online – at CSNBayArea.com – throughout the series.
SportsNet Central (6 p.m.) &(10:30 p.m.)
- During the World Series, tune into SportsNet Central for in-depth, comprehensive news coverage on the Giants/Tigers, interviews with players and coaches, expert analysis, breaking local and national news, up-to-the-minute scores, the best local video highlights and daily insider reports. SportsNet Central is the place for local fans to turn seven nights a week with half-hour newscasts at 6 p.m., 10:30 p.m. and midnight.
- Chronicle Live, hosted by Jim Kozimor (@CSNKoz), airs live Monday-Friday at 5 p.m. and features high energy, interactive roundtable discussions and debates covering the hottest sports stories and topics on the minds of sports fans throughout Northern California. Throughout the World Series, Chronicle Live will bring in a number of special guests from the Giants, as well as MLB experts, including regular appearances from Andrew Baggarly, Ray Ratto and others who will provide analysis and preview the match-ups for the Giants.
That will do it.