We have the previews from the NFL TV partners for this Sunday and what they’ll cover.
NFL Network will offer a tribute to the late Steve Sabol, plus provide other news around the league. It all begins Sunday morning at 7 ET with First on the Field and then GameDay Morning at 9.
Let’s see what the shows will bring to the American people on Sunday.
Steve Sabol Feature with Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells & Movie Director Peter Berg
Buccaneers Head Coach Greg Schiano Sitdown Interview with Melissa Stark – Sunday, September 23 on First on the Field at 7:00 AM ET & NFL GameDay Morning at 9:00 AM ET
This Sunday, a feature on Steve Sabol that will air on NFL Network’s NFL GameDay Morning. NFL Network conducted new interviews with New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, former head coach Bill Parcells and director Peter Berg to discuss the impact Steve had on football and Hollywood. All of these interviews were conducted this week.
Brady, Belichick and Parcells were selected for this feature because Steve’s final interview was with Tom Brady; Steve personally got Bill Belichick to wear a wire for an entire season for A Football Life; Bill Parcells and Steve had a long relationship with dating back to their college days when they played each other in football. Peter Berg reflects on a fellow director, filmmaker, and storyteller.
The music and footage in the piece will be from NFL Films, a tribute to the institution Steve helped create.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano sits down with NFL Network’s Melissa Stark for an interview that will air Sunday, September 23 on First on the Field at 7:00 AM ET and NFL GameDay Morning at 9:00 AM ET. Schiano discusses his first season as an NFL head coach, where the Buccaneers stand right now, and the end of the Buccaneers-Giants game last week.
At 7:00 AM ET, NFL Network is First on the Field with Stark, LaDainian Tomlinson, Sterling Sharpe and Michael Lombardi providing the first analysis of the day’s games. Featured this week on First on the Field:
- LaDainian Tomlinson discusses the emergence of Bills running back C.J. Spiller
- Sterling Sharpe explains how the 49ers’ offense goes through tight end Vernon Davis
- Who is on the hot seat going into Week 3?
- Live reports from Buccaneers-Cowboys, Rams-Bears, Bengals-Redskins, Chiefs-Saints & Jets-Dolphins
At 9:00 AM ET, host Rich Eisen and analysts Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin take viewers up to kickoff on NFL GameDay Morning. Featured this week:
- “Greatest Wired of All-Time” – a tribute to the late Steve Sabol with the greatest collection of the innovation that helped change the game
- How do the Dallas Cowboys overcome inconsistent play?
- Feature on the relationship between Saints quarterback Drew Brees and Sean Payton
- Ian Rapoport reports from Dallas for Buccaneers-Cowboys
- Stacey Dales reports from Chicago for Rams-Bears
- Michelle Beisner reports from Washington for Bengals-Redskins
- Albert Breer reports from New Orleans for Chiefs-Saints
- Kimberly Jones reports from Miami for Jets-Dolphins
- Jeff Darlington reports from Denver for Texans-Broncos
That will do it.