This week, the PGA Tour ends its FedEx Cup playoff with The Tour Championship in Atlanta and the LPGA continues with the Navistar tournament.
Golf Channel will have coverage of both tournaments. Golf Channel and NBC Sports will combine for The Tour Championship which will determine the PGA Tour’s Champion for 2012. Overall, the NBC Sports Group will have 22 hours of coverage of The Tour Championship.
We have details of the coverage of both tours below.
Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods Featured Pairing
Golf Central to Broadcast Live and On-site at East Lake Thursday-Sunday
LPGA Tour Returns to Alabama for the Navistar LPGA Classic
Golf Channel Airtimes (Eastern):
Thursday 1-6 p.m. (Live)/8:30 p.m. -1:30 a.m. (Replay)
Friday 1-6 p.m. (Live)/8:30 p.m. -1:30 a.m. (Replay)
Saturday Noon-2 p.m. (Live)/7:30-11:30 p.m. (Golf Channel/NBC Replay)
Sunday 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Live)/7-11:30 p.m. (Golf Channel/NBC Replay)
NBC Airtimes (Eastern):
Saturday 2-6 p.m. (Live)
Sunday 1:30-6 p.m. (Live)
Golf Channel/NBC Broadcast Team
Terry Gannon (Golf Channel Play-by-Play)/Dan Hicks (NBC Play-by-Play)
Frank Nobilo (Golf Channel Analyst)/Johnny Miller (NBC Analyst)
Gary Koch (Tower)
Peter Jacobsen (Tower)
Jimmy Roberts (Tower/Essays)
Billy Andrade (On Course)
Roger Maltbie (On Course)
Mark Rolfing (On Course)
Dottie Pepper (On Course)
Steve Sands (Tower/Interviews/FedExCup Updates)
- NBC Sports Group To Air More than 22 Hours of Live Coverage – Golf Channel and NBC Sports will broadcast a combined 22 hours live tournament action from the TOUR Championship.
- Woods and McIlroy Featured Pairing – The top-seeded FedExCup group at the TOUR Championship – Rory McIlroy (1) and Tiger Woods (2) – will be paired together for Thursday’s opening round of coverage, teeing off at 1:55 p.m. ET.
- Golf Central to Broadcast On-site Thursday-Sunday – Golf Central and Golf Central Pre Game will broadcast live and on-site at East Lake Golf Club Thursday-Sunday before and after live tournament coverage. Rich Lerner, Brandel Chamblee, Todd Lewis and Tim Rosaforte will anchor coverage throughout the week. Golf Central Pre Game will air Thursday-Sunday at 11 a.m. ET, including expanded two-hour shows Thursday and Friday.
- Golf Central Live on NBC Saturday and Sunday – NBC will air Golf Central Live on Saturday and Sunday preceding NBC’s weekend coverage of the third and final rounds of the TOUR Championship. (1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday and 1 p.m. ET on Sunday).
- Aimpoint Returns to Golf Channel Coverage – Aimpoint, Golf Channel’s Emmy-award winning graphics technology that measures the line of a putt and where players must aim to hole out, will be featured on holes 9 and 18 at East Lake Golf Club.
- Four Rounds of Coverage on Golf Channel – In addition to exclusive Thursday and Friday coverage, Golf Channel will air early coverage on Saturday and Sunday leading into NBC’s live coverage. Golf Channel also will re-air NBC’s coverage in primetime on the weekend at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday and 7 p.m. ET on Sunday.
- TOUR Championship Features Field of 30 – The top-30 players remaining in the PGA TOUR Playoffs not only will compete this week to win the TOUR Championship crown, but also to improve their shot at winning the season-ending FedExCup and $10 million.
- Steve Sands to Give “FedExCup Updates” Friday-Sunday on Golf Channel and NBC – Steve Sands will update viewers on the status of the FedExCup points standings throughout the broadcasts Friday-Sunday on both Golf Channel and NBC. Using “whiteboard” technology made famous by NBC News’ Tim Russert, Sands will lay out the finishing scenarios of players in contention to win the FedExCup.
Thursday 6:30-8:30 p.m. (Tape Delay)
Friday 6:30-8:30 p.m. (Live)
Saturday 2-5 p.m. (Live) / 12:30-3 a.m. (Replay)
Sunday 1:30-5 p.m. (Live) / 12:30-3 a.m. (Replay)
Golf Channel Tournament Broadcast Team
Whit Watson (Play by Play)
Judy Rankin (Analyst)
Tom Abbott (Tower)
Jerry Foltz (On Course)
Kay Cockerill (On Course)
- Players in the Truck – Danielle Kang and Sydnee Michaels – LPGA Tour rookies Danielle Kang and Sydnee Michaels visit Golf Channel’s production trucks on Friday for a special “Players in the Truck” segment. Kang will be sporting a boom mic, while Michaels will operate a graphics machine for the tournament broadcast.
- Walk and Talks Featured – Golf Channel on-course reporters Jerry Foltz and Kay Cockerill will interview players inside the ropes as they are walking the fairways during all four rounds of tournament coverage.
- Headlining the Field – Yani Tseng, Michelle Wie, Lexi Thompson, Stacy Lewis, Suzann Pettersen, Morgan Pressel, Natalie Gulbis, Brittany Lincicome, Azahara Munoz, Beatriz Recari, Sandra Gal, So Yeon Ryu, Anna Nordqvist, Gerina Piller, Angela Stanford and Vicky Hurst.
That’s going to do it.