This in from Comcast SportsNet New England. With the NFL regular season beginning this week, CSN New England announces new programming devoted to the AFC Champion New England Patriots. It includes a new Sunday initiative, what CSN New England is calling “Football Day in New England”, nice offshoot of parent NBC’s “Football Night in America”. The pregame show is naturally called “Pregame Live” and will be hosted by Boston blowhard Mike Felger two hours before each Pats game. And the postgame show called “Postgame Live” will have the same team that was on the pregame. The cast includes Felger, former Patriots Ty Law and Troy Brown and a whole host of CSN New England reporters.
There will be other programming as well. It’s all detailed below.
COMCAST SPORTSNET ANNOUNCES EXPANDED PATRIOTS FOOTBALL COVERAGE FOR 2012 SEASON INCLUDING 2-HOUR PREGAME AND 90-MINUTE POSTGAME SHOW
– Michael Felger, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Tom Curran, Mike Giardi, Kevin Walsh and Damon Amendolara to headline “Football Day in New England” with Exclusive conversation with Wes Welker –
– Five Additional Dedicated Weekly Shows to Return to Network, including Patriots Wednesday Live, Quick Slants, Patriots Football Weekly, New England Tailgate, and Patriots This Week —
BURLINGTON, MA, September 4, 2012 – The NFL season is upon us and Comcast SportsNet will once again bring viewers the most comprehensive regional coverage of the New England Patriots all season long, including even more programming in 2012. In addition to the return of five weekly Patriots programs – Patriots Wednesday Live, Quick Slants, Patriots Football Weekly, New England Tailgate and Patriots This Week – the network for the first time will debut dedicated Pregame Live and Postgame Live shows on every Patriots gameday as part of “Football Day in New England”.
The new “Football Day in New England” will begin with Pregame Live which will take place two hours immediately prior to every game, the only regional television program to do so. Pregame Live will include a detailed preview of the day’s matchup and will be highly interactive with live Facebook, Twitter and CSNNE.com fan questions answered throughout the show. Postgame Live will also be an interactive platform for fans to weigh in on that day’s matchup and will run approximately 90-minutes immediately following the game. New England Patriots’ wide receiver Wes Welker will join Comcast SportsNet for exclusive post-game conversation during the program. The talent team will include Michael Felger as host along with expert offensive and defensive perspectives from analysts Ty Law and Troy Brown. Comcast SportsNet’s Tom E. Curran, Mike Giardi and Kevin Walsh will report from on-site at Gillette Stadium with additional contributions from CSNNE.com’s Mary Paoletti. Damon Amendolara will join at the Web Desk and Michael Holley will host Sports Sunday during “Football Day in New England” on Sunday gamedays.
Additional shows throughout the week include Patriots Wednesday Live which will debut on Wednesday, September 5th and will air weekly throughout the season from Noon – 1PM. The show provides exclusive coverage of the team’s mid-week press conference with Patriots Coach Bill Belichick and Quarterback Tom Brady and gives fans the first preview of the upcoming game.
Comcast SportsNet will also bring back “New England Football Night” which will debut Thursday, September 6th and includes three exclusive 30-minute football programs.
- Quick Slants hosted by CSNNE’s Curran and Paoletti, begins at 7PM and is an interactive, high-energy and blunt discussion with fans and CSNNE talent.
- Patriots Football Weekly follows at 7:30PM. Shot on-location from Gillette Stadium, this show delivers exclusive access from the writers who work on the inside for the Patriots weekly magazine “Patriots Football Weekly”.
- New England Tailgate, which follows at 8PM, is in its 14th year, with the well-established team of Glenn Ordway and NFL veterans Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie. The show provides viewers with a review of the Patriots prior game, a preview of their upcoming opponent, predictions and bold commentary.
Patriots This Week will make its season debut on Friday, September 7th and will air weekly at 9:30PM through October and 12AM thereafter. The show is a no holds barred discussion with passionate debate and timely analysis from host Scott Zolak along with a rotating roster of former Patriots players.
In addition to the above dedicated football programs, Comcast SportsNet will also continue to offer fans in-depth coverage of the Patriots throughout the week as part of nightly news programs like SportsNet Central, Sports Tonight and Sports Sunday. The network will also provide hours of dedicated coverage surrounding key NFL events like Thanksgiving Day 2012 (Patriots vs. Jets), Super Bowl, NFL Draft, and more.
That will conclude this post.