As the Olympics now count down to their final days, some of the big events and sports are holding their medal rounds. Canada will be playing for the bronze medal in women’s soccer against France on Thursday. Track & Field has several gold medal finals including the men’s 200 meters featuring Yohan Blake and multiple gold medal winner Usain Bolt. Canada also has medal hopefuls in women’s wrestling and diving.
Check out the programming on the Canadian Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium for Day 13 of the Games of the XXX Summer Olympiad. It’s all listed below.
Day 13 Highlights: Thursday, August 9 – Canada’s Women’s Soccer Team Battles for Bronze; World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt Attempts 200m Final; Bronze Medallists Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion Take Another Plunge for the Podium
DAY 13 – SCHEDULED SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
OLYMPIC MORNING/ LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 4 a.m. – 12 noon ET
- Soccer: Women’s Bronze Medal Match – Christine Sinclair and Melissa Tancredi lead Canada in a battle for bronze against France (CTV, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Canoe/Kayak: Mixed – Eton Dorney hosts four medal events including men’s canoe double 1000m final, men’s kayak four 1000m final, women’s kayak single 500m final and women’s kayak double 500m final (TSN, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca
- Athletics – The morning includes the first round of the men’s 4x400m relay, women’s high jump qualification and three events from men’s decathlon: 110m hurdles, discus throw and pole vault (Sportsnet, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Cycling BMX: Men’s Quarterfinals – Canada’s Tory Nyhaug competes in his first Olympic Games (Sportsnet, RDS2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Wrestling: Women’s Freestyle Wrestling – Canada’s Tonya Verbeek (55kg) – the Beijing 2008 bronze medallist and Athens 2004 silver medallist – and Leah Callahan (72kg) look to advance to the afternoon’s gold medal finals (Sportsnet, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC DAYTIME / LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 12 – 6 p.m. ET
- Athletics – In addition to the women’s 800m semifinals featuring Canada’s Jessica Smith, five medal events take place including:
- Men’s 200m Final – Canada’s Jared Connaughton* and Aaron Brown* look to hit the track alongside Jamaica’s Usain Bolt* and Yohan Blake* (CTV, RDS, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Women’s Javelin Final – Vancouver’s Elizabeth Gleadle will be the first Canadian woman to compete in the javelin at an Olympic Games since 1988 (CTV, RDS, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s Decathlon 1500m Final – Canada’s Damian Warner competes (CTV, RDS, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s 800m Final (CTV, RDS, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s Triple Jump Final (CTV, RDS, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Soccer: Women’s Gold Medal Match – The United States is up against the Japanese squad that beat them in last year’s World Cup final (TSN, OMNI.1, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Diving: Women’s 10m Platform – Canada’s Meaghan Benfeito* and Roseline Filion*, who captured bronze in the women’s 10m synchronized diving last week, fly solo against the best divers in the world including the defending Olympic champion Chen Ruolin* of China (Sportsnet, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC PRIME TIME
Airing 7 – 11 p.m. ET/CT/MT/PT
- CTV: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON CTV host Brian Williams gives a complete rundown of Day 13 highlights and results with a focus on Canadian performances. The four-hour show recaps the women’s soccer bronze and gold medal match-ups, athletics events including the highly anticipated men’s 200m final with Usain Bolt* and Yohan Blake*, as well as the women’s 10m platform results featuring Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion. (CTV, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- TSN: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON TSN host Darren Dutchyshen takes sports fans through four hours of Day 13 highlights and recaps including the women’s basketball semifinals and the women’s water polo gold medal game (TSN2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Sportsnet: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON SPORTSNET with host Brad Fay providesviewers with highlights from Day 13’s premier events, including Usain Bolt’s attempt to defend his title in the men’s 200m final. A full review of the highly anticipated women’s gold medal soccer match between USA and Japan will also be presented, as well as coverage from the women’s 10m platform final as Canadians Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion look for their second medal of the Games.
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR RDS
- Host Chantal Machabée presents the highlights from Day 13 of London 2012 competition. (RDS, RDSolympiques.ca)
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR V
- Host Jean Pagé examines the day’s top highlights. (V, RDSolympiques.ca)
All programming is subject to change; visit the Bell Viewers’ Guide on CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca and on the CTV Olympics London 2012 and RDS olympiques pour Londres 2012 Apps for up-to-the minute schedules and listings.
NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming is coming up.