For Day 9 of the 2012 Olympics, the Canadian Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium will air tennis, cycling, track & field, women’s basketball, equestrian and plenty of other events.
Here’s what will be seen in Canada on the Broadcast Consortium.
Day 9 Highlights: Sunday, August 5 World’s Fastest Man to be Crowned; Jennifer Abel and Émilie Heymans Plunge for the Podium; Gold Medal Showdown Between Roger Federer and Andy Murray
DAY 9 – SCHEDULED SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
OLYMPIC MORNING/ LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 4 a.m. – 12 noon ET
- Tennis: Men’s Singles Final – It’s a 2012 Wimbledon final rematch as Roger Federer, the world’s top-ranked player, and Great Britain’s Andy Murray battle it out for Olympic glory (CTV, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Track Cycling: Men’s Omnium – With Day 1 complete, Watson Lake, Yukon-native Zach Bell competes in the remaining omnium events for a spot on the podium (CTV, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Basketball: Women’s – After knocking out Brazil on Friday to clinch a quarterfinal spot, Canada squares off against Australia in its last preliminary round match-up; in another match-up, China faces off against the United States’ powerhouse squad (Sportsnet, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Equestrian: Mixed Team Jumping – Canada’s Jill Henselwood, Eric Lamaze and Ian Millar – in his 10th Olympic Games setting an all-time Olympic record – continue their quest to the podium (Sportsnet, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC DAYTIME / LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 12 – 6 p.m. ET
- Men’s 100m Final – All eyes are on Jamaica’s Usain Bolt* and Yohan Blake* as Bolt defends his title of world’s fastest man in one of the most highly-anticipated races of the Games (CTV, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s 400m Semifinal – South Africa’s Oscar Pistorius – the first ever amputee runner in an Olympic Games – continues his historic pursuit for a spot in Monday’s final (CTV, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s 1500m Semifinal: Canadian Nathan Brannen competes after finishing fifth in his qualifying heat (CTV, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Women’s 400m Final – Canada’s Jenna Martin* takes her spot on the track in this race for the podium (CTV, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Diving: Women’s 3m Springboard Final – After a bronze medal finish in the synchronized event last week, Canadian divers Jennifer Abel and Émilie Heymans look to add to their London 2012 medal count (TSN, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC PRIME TIME
Airing 7 – 11 p.m. ET/CT/MT/PT
- CTV:OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON CTV host Brian Williams guides Canadians through four hours of Day 9 highlights, including a recap of the highly-anticipated showdown between Jamaica’s Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake in the men’s100m final. Additional recaps include the women’s 3m springboard final featuring newly minted bronze medallists Jennifer Abel and Émilie Heymans, Canada’s match-up against Australia in women’s basketball, as well as men’s boxing, synchronized swimming, equestrian, and cycling. (CTV, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- TSN: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON TSN host Darren Dutchyshen takes fans through Sunday’s recaps and highlights, including the men’s tennis final with Andy Murray and Roger Federer, men’s and women’s boxing, beach volleyball and equestrian, and a review of the world’s fastest man in the men’s100m final during an athletics round up. The four-hour show also features three-time Olympic medallist Karen Cockburn showing CFL great Milt Stegall how to tackle the trampoline in The Experts. (TSN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Sportsnet: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON SPORTSNET with host Brad Fay features a full review of one of the most anticipated events of the London 2012 Games – the men’s 100m final featuring Usain Bolt and his fellow countryman and biggest threat, Yohan Blake. Plus, Sportsnet heads to the pool where divers Jennifer Abel and Émilie Heymans looked to add to their bronze medal in the 3m springboard final. (Sportsnet, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR RDS
- Host Chantal Machabée presents the highlights from Day 9 of London 2012 competition. (RDS, RDSolympiques.ca)
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR V
- Host Jean Pagé examines the day’s top highlights. (V, RDSolympiques.ca)
All programming is subject to change; visit the Bell Viewers’ Guide on CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca and on the CTV Olympics London 2012 and RDS olympiques pour Londres 2012 Apps for up-to-the minute schedules and listings.
And I’ll have a feature later on.