Now to the Canadian Olympic programming on CTV, Sportsnet, TSN, RDS, V and the entire consortium that make up this allegiance that will end on August 12 as CBC takes over the Olympics once again in 2014.
Here’s the programming on the networks of the consortium.
Day 7 Highlights: Friday, August 3 Canada’s Women’s Soccer Team Battles Great Britain in the Quarter-finals; Dylan Armstrong Pushes for the Podium; Jessica Zelinka Hits the Track
DAY 7 – SCHEDULED SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
OLYMPIC MORNING/ LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 4 a.m. – 12 noon ET
- Men’s Shot Put – It’s a heavy haul for Canadian Dylan Armstrong who missed a bronze medal in Beijing 2008 by just one centimetre. He and fellow Canadian competitor Justin Rodhe go up against defending Olympic champion Tomasz Majewski of Poland in the qualifying round (CTV, Sportsnet, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Women’s Heptathlon – It’s Jessica vs. Jessica, as Canada’s Jessica Zelinka faces Great Britain’s Jessica Ennis – along with reigning world champion Tatyana Chernova – in the first three heptathlon events: hurdles, high jump, and shot put. (CTV, Sportsnet, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Swimming: Men’s 1,500m Freestyle Heats – Ryan Cochrane looks to swim past qualifying in the event that net him a bronze medal at Beijing 2008 (CTV, TSN, RDS2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Rowing: Men’s Pair Final – Beijing 2008 silver medallists Dave Calder and Scott Frandsen hit the water for Canada as they paddle for gold against the seemingly unstoppable New Zealand men’s pair team of Eric Murray and Hamish Bond (CTV, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Trampoline: Men’s – Canada’s Jason Burnett – who holds the world record for degree of difficulty in trampoline and a silver medal from Beijing 2008 – looks to outshine defending Olympic champion and 2011 World Champion Lu Chunlong of China (CTV, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Basketball: Women’s – Canada and Brazil face off on the hardcourt (Sportsnet, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Diving: Women’s 3m Springboard – Canada’s first medallists of London 2012 Émilie Heymans and Jennifer Abel compete in this preliminary round (OLN, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC DAYTIME / LONDRES À RDS, LONDRES À V
Airing 12 – 6 p.m. ET
- Men’s Shot Put Final – Canadian Dylan Armstrong looks to go the distance for a spot on the podium in the shot put final (CTV, RDS, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Soccer: Women’s – Christine Sinclair and Melissa Tancredi lead Canada against home crowd favourites Great Britain in this quarter-final match-up (TSN, V, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s 50m Breaststroke – With the nation proudly cheering him on, Brent Hayden* swims for another podium finish after his gutsy bronze medal performance in Day 5’s 100m freestyle final (Sportsnet, RDS, OMNI.2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Men’s 100m Butterfly – Defending Olympic gold medallist Michael Phelps* battles Serbia’s Milorad Cavic, who he beat by just 0.01 seconds at Beijing 2008 (Sportsnet, RDS, OMNI.2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Women’s 200m Backstroke – Competing in her first Olympic Games, Sinead Russell* of Burlington, ON looks to take on American phenom Missy Franklin* (Sportsnet, RDS, OMNI.2, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
OLYMPIC PRIME TIME
Airing 7 – 11 p.m. ET/CT/MT/PT
- CTV: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON CTV host Brian Williams gives Canadians a complete rundown of Day 7 highlights and results, including recaps of women’s soccer, women’s basketball, swimming, athletics, and trampoline. The review of Jason Burnett’s performance in trampoline includes a Difference Makers with Rick Hansen segment on the aerial acrobat. The show also primes Canadians for an exciting weekend of athletics events and includes a Superbodies feature on the beach volleyball with Dr. Greg Wells. (CTV, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- TSN: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON TSN host Darren Dutchyshen takes sports fans through Day 7 highlights, including recaps of the men’s and women’s tennis semifinals along with an extended look at the Canadian women’s soccer team’s quarter-final performance against Great Britain (TSN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
- Sportsnet: OLYMPIC PRIME TIME ON SPORTSNET with host Brad Fay is the go-to destination for highlights and results from Day 7, including a full review of the Canadian women’s soccer team’s quarterfinal match versus host Great Britain. Plus, a recap of Dylan Armstrong quest for gold in the men’s shot put final. (Sportsnet, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca)
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR RDS
- Host Chantal Machabée presents the highlights from Day 7 of London 2012 competition. (RDS, RDSolympiques.ca)
AUJOURD’HUI À LONDRES SUR V
- Host Jean Pagé examines the day’s top highlights. (V, RDSolympiques.ca)
All programming is subject to change; visit the Bell Viewers’ Guide on CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca and on the CTV Olympics London 2012 and RDS olympiques pour Londres 2012 Apps for up-to-the minute schedules and listings.
And I hope to do some linkage for you later.