The SEC Football schedule is out and for the South, this is like Christmas Day when you get to finally open the presents. Fans of the 14 member schools have been looking forward to this since the end of the last college football season. ESPN has selected its games for the first three weeks of the 2012 season and the network has selected 33 games to air on its various networks and platforms including the Mothership, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and the SEC Network.
In addition, those games not selected either by CBS and ESPN have gone to the other conference partners, Fox Sports Net, CSS and local pay per view. Matt’s College Sports has that schedule through September 15.
For ESPN, it begins its SEC schedule on August 30 with South Carolina at Vanderbilt in primetime. On September 8, ESPN will have an SEC conference tripleheader starting at noon with Auburn at Mississippi State, then at 3:30 p.m. the network airs Florida at Texas A&M (that being the Aggies’ first SEC Conference game) and at 7 p.m., it will be Washington taking on LSU in the Bayou.
We have the SEC on ESPN schedule through September 15 below.
ESPN has selected the Southeastern Conference college football games for coverage across ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and the SEC Network during the first three weeks of the 2012 season. Overall, 33 games involving SEC teams will be carried from the season opener on Thursday, Aug. 30 (South Carolina at Vanderbilt at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN) to Saturday, Sept. 15. Additional selections will be determined as the season progresses. Highlights:
- The first three weeks will include multiple games involving all six of the SEC teams ranked in the College Football Live preseason top 25 poll, highlighted by five of the top nine.
- On Saturday, Sept. 8, ESPN and ESPN2 will combine to televise the first conference games of new members Texas A&M and Missouri: No. 25 Florida at Texas A&M at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN and No. 6 Georgia at Missouri at 7:45 p.m. on ESPN2.
- Additional conference showdowns in the first three weeks include No. 8 South Carolina at Vanderbilt (Thursday, Aug. 30, at 7 p.m. on ESPN); Auburn at Mississippi State (Saturday, Sept. 8, at noon on ESPN); and No. 25 Florida at Tennessee (Saturday, Sept. 15, at 6 p.m. on ESPN).
- ESPN will offer an SEC tripleheader on Saturday, Sept. 8 beginning with Auburn at Mississippi State at noon followed by No. 25 Florida at Texas A&M at 3:30 p.m. and Washington at No. 2 LSU at 7 p.m.
- The first three games for No. 2 LSU and first two for No. 3 Alabama, the competing teams in last season’s BCS National Championship Game, won by Alabama 21-0:
- No. 2 LSU against North Texas (Saturday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. on ESPNU), against Washington (Saturday, Sept. 8, 7 p.m. on ESPN) and against Idaho (Saturday, Sept. 15 on ESPN3).
- No. 3 Alabama against No. 10 Michigan in the Cowboys Classic from Arlington (Saturday, Sept. 1, at 8 p.m. on ABC) and against Western Kentucky (Saturday, Sept. 8, at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3 and the SEC Network).
2012 SEC Schedule for August 30 through September 15
(additional selections will be announced):
Date Time (ET) Game Network Thu, Aug 30 7 p.m. No. 8 South Carolina at Vanderbilt * ESPN 7:30 p.m. Texas A&M vs. Louisiana Tech (Shreveport, La.) * ESPNU Fri, Aug 31 7:30 p.m. Kickoff Game: NC State vs. Tennessee (Atlanta) * ESPNU Sat, Sep 1 Noon Buffalo at No. 6 Georgia ESPN3 *** & SEC Network 3:30 p.m. Bowling Green at No. 25 Florida ESPN 7 p.m. Kickoff Game: No. 18 Clemson vs. Auburn (Atlanta) * ESPN 7 p.m. North Texas at No. 2 LSU ESPNU 7 p.m. Jackson State at Mississippi State ESPN3 *** & RSN 7 p.m. Central Arkansas at Mississippi ESPN3 *** & PPV 8 p.m. Cowboys Classic: No. 10 Michigan vs. No. 3 Alabama (Arlington) * ABC TBA Jacksonville State at No. 9 Arkansas ESPN3 *** & PPV TBA Southeastern Louisiana at Missouri ESPN3 *** & PPV Sun, Sep 2 3:30 p.m. Kentucky at Louisville * ESPN Sat, Sep 8 Noon Auburn at Mississippi State ESPN Noon East Carolina at No. 8 South Carolina ESPN3 *** & SEC Network 3:30 p.m. No. 25 Florida at Texas A&M ESPN 3:30 p.m. Western Kentucky at No. 3 Alabama ESPN3 *** & SEC Network 4 p.m. Georgia State at Tennessee ESPN3 *** & PPV 7 p.m. Washington at No. 2 LSU ESPN 7 p.m. Louisiana-Monroe at No. 9 Arkansas (Little Rock, Ark.) ESPNU 7 p.m. UTEP at Mississippi ESPN3 *** & RSN 7:30 p.m. Kent State at Kentucky ESPN3 *** & RSN 7:45 p.m. No. 6 Georgia at Missouri ESPN2 Sat, Sep 15 Noon Louisiana-Monroe at Auburn ESPN3 *** & SEC Network 12:30 p.m. Presbyterian at Vanderbilt ESPN3 *** & RSN 6 p.m. No. 25 Florida at Tennessee ESPN 7 p.m. Arizona State at Missouri ESPN2 7 p.m. Western Kentucky at Kentucky ESPNU 7 p.m. Mississippi State at Troy * ESPN3 ** 7 p.m. UAB at No. 8 South Carolina ESPN3 *** & RSN 7:30 p.m. Florida Atlantic at No. 6 Georgia ESPN3 *** & RSN 8 p.m. Idaho at No. 2 LSU ESPN3 *** & PPV 9:15 p.m. No. 22 Texas at Mississippi ESPN
* Previously announced
** ESPN3 Exclusive
*** Local blackout may apply
More throughout the day. Keep it here.