This in from the company formerly known as the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. ESPN has announced that it has added 23 ACC football games to the schedule. This is in addition to the seven games previously unveiled.
Most of the games in this unveil are in the first three weeks of the 2012 season. In fact, all ACC home games will be available on an ESPN platform TV or online in the first three weeks.
Also announced are the Thursday night ACC games and the Conference Championship Game that will be played on Saturday, December 1 in primetime either on ABC or ESPN.
Let’s look at the ESPN announcement.
ACC College Football Games Added to ESPN 2012 Schedule
ESPN has selected 23 additional 2012 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) college football games for ESPN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3. Along with the seven previously announced contests, with the newly announced games, the schedule includes every conference home game available on an ESPN network for the first three weeks of the season, all of the Thursday night selections and the eighth annual ACC Football Championship Game on Saturday, Dec. 1, in prime time on ESPN or ABC.
Additional games will be announced as the season progresses. Highlights:
- The early selections include multiple games involving all three ACC teams ranked in a preseason College Football Live preseason top 25 poll – No. 7 Florida State, No. 18 Clemson and No. 19 Virginia Tech – highlighted by No. 7 Florida State at No. 19 Virginia Tech on Thursday, Nov. 8, at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- ESPN networks will offer 23 conference home games over the first three weeks of the season, including:
- Multiple non-conference matchups against Football Bowl Subdivision teams, including both of the Kickoff Games from Atlanta on consecutive days: NC State vs. Tennessee on Friday, Aug. 31, at 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU and No. 18 Clemson vs. Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. on ESPN. In addition, ABC will televise Penn State at Virginia on Saturday, Sept. 8, at noon.
- ESPN3 will offer 17 games, 11 exclusives and six available to fans outside the ACC territory.
- An ESPN Labor Day prime-time telecast Sept. 3, at 8 p.m. will pit Georgia Tech at defending Coastal Division champion No. 19 Virginia Tech.
- ESPN’s popular Thursday night series — ESPN College Football Primetime – will include four consecutive ACC games from Oct. 25 to Nov. 15 with at least one team in the College Football Live poll in three of the matchups.
The 2012 ACC schedule (additional selections to be announced):
Date Time (ET) Game Network Friday, Aug 31 7:30 p.m. NC State vs. Tennessee (from Atlanta) * ESPNU Saturday, Sep 1 12:30 p.m. Elon at North Carolina ESPN3 *** 3 p.m. William & Mary at Maryland ESPN3 3 p.m. Richmond at Virginia ESPN3 *** 3:30 p.m. Miami at Boston College ABC and ESPN2 **** 6 p.m. Murray State at No. 7 Florida State ESPN3 6:30 p.m. Liberty at Wake Forest ESPN3 7 p.m. No. 18 Clemson vs. Auburn (from Atlanta) * ESPN 7 p.m. Florida International at Duke ESPN3 Monday, Sep 3 8 p.m. Georgia Tech at No. 19 Virginia Tech * ESPN Saturday, Sep 8 Noon Penn State at Virginia ABC 12:30 p.m. Ball State at Clemson ESPN3 *** 1 p.m. Maine at Boston College ESPN3 1:30 p.m. Austin Peay at No. 19 Virginia Tech ESPN3 3 p.m. North Carolina at Wake Forest ESPN3 *** 6 p.m. Savannah State at No. 7 Florida State ESPN3 7 p.m. Presbyterian at Georgia Tech ESPN3 Saturday, Sep 15 Noon Wake Forest at No. 7 Florida State ESPN or ESPN2 Noon Bethune-Cookman at Miami ESPN3 12:30 p.m. Connecticut at Maryland ESPN3 *** 3 p.m. Furman at No. 18 Clemson ESPN3 *** 3:30 p.m. Virginia at Georgia Tech ESPNU 6 p.m. South Alabama at NC State ESPN3 7 p.m. NC Central at Duke ESPN3 Thursday, Oct 25 7:30 p.m. No. 18 Clemson at Wake Forest ** ESPN Thursday, Nov 1 7:30 p.m. No. 19 Virginia Tech at Miami ** ESPN Thursday, Nov 8 7:30 p.m. No. 7 Florida State at No. 19 Virginia Tech ** ESPN Thursday, Nov 15 7:30 p.m. North Carolina at Virginia ** ESPN Saturday, Dec 1 7:45 p.m. or 8 p.m. ACC Football Championship Game (from Charlotte) ESPN or ABC
* Previously announced
** Previously announced without a time
*** Available on ESPN3 outside ACC markets & ACC Network or regional sports network in ACC territories
**** Reverse mirror in which ABC’s split national telecast is televised regionally on ESPN or ESPN2 and ESPN3 to markets receiving another game on ABC