Continuing in an ESPN press release theme this morning, we have the Alleged Worldwide Leader’s announcement of its 2012 ACC football Labor Day and primetime schedule. Just five games released thus far, but in particular, the game on November 8th between Florida State and Virginia Tech in primetime has the potential to be a doozy. We’ll have to see how the season plays out, but on paper, it looks like a very good matchup.
For that and the other four games released thus far, check out the blurb below.
An ESPN Labor Day prime time telecast and four matchups on Thursday nights are among the games involving Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) teams slated for ESPN’s 2012 college football schedule. Additional games will be announced. Highlights include:
- ESPN’s Labor Day prime time telecast on September 3 will pit Georgia Tech at defending Coastal Division champion Virginia Tech at 8 p.m. ET.
- ESPN’s popular Thursday night series — ESPN College Football Primetime – will feature four ACC matchups, including three telecasts featuring at least one team ranked in an early ESPN.com pre-season poll:
- No. 8 Florida State at No. 20 Virginia Tech on November 8. The two teams last met in the 2010 conference championship, a 44-33 Virginia Tech victory.
- Defending conference champion No. 23 Clemson will take on Wake Forest on October 25.
- In addition to hosting Georgia Tech and Florida State, No. 20 Virginia Tech will visit Miami on November 1.
The 2012 ACC Labor Day and Thursday schedule (additional selections to be announced):
Date Time (ET) Game Network Mon, Sep 3 8 p.m. Georgia Tech at No. 20 Virginia Tech ESPN Thu, Oct 25 TBD No. 23 Clemson at Wake Forest ESPN Thu, Nov 1 TBD No. 20 Virginia Tech at Miami ESPN Thu, Nov 8 TBD No. 8 Florida State at No. 20 Virginia Tech ESPN Thu, Nov 15 TBD North Carolina at Virginia ESPN
There you have it.