While ESPN television doesn’t air the World Series, ESPN Radio does and ESPN’s Baseball Tonight will once again be on location for the Fall Classic.
For Baseball Tonight, Karl Ravech will man the desk and be joined by analysts John Kruk, Barry Larkin and Curt Schilling. ESPN will also have a whole host of analysts including Rick Sutcliffe (who will be on the MLB International call with Gary Thorne, by the way), Aaron Boone and others. Chris Berman is also involved in this mix.
On radio, Dan Shulman calls the World Series for the first time. He’ll be joined by Sunday Night Baseball co-horts Orel Hershiser and Bobby Valentine.
Here’s the ESPN press release.
ESPN Radio to Exclusively Broadcast Every World Series Game; ESPN’s Deep Roster of MLB Commentators to Provide Comprehensive Analysis
ESPN’s Baseball Tonight will be on the road during the 2011 MLB World Series – St. Louis Cardinals vs. Texas Rangers – for pregame (7 p.m. ET) and postgame (generally at midnight) telecasts, beginning with Game One on Wednesday, October 19. The Baseball Tonight set will be positioned just outside of the ballpark in both host cities to capture fan atmosphere around the venue. ESPN’s on-site coverage begins Tuesday, Oct. 18, including a special World Series preview edition of Baseball Tonight at 6 p.m.
Baseball Tonight at the World Series will feature ESPN’s deep roster of analysts. Host Karl Ravech will be joined by analysts John Kruk, Barry Larkin and Curt Schilling (St. Louis) to provide news and analysis. Additionally, Florida Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen will join Baseball Tonight as a guest analyst during the World Series.
ESPN’s most extensive on-site presence ever
ESPN will have an extensive on-site presence at the World Series this year with its deepest roster of MLB commentators ever including, Kruk, Schilling, Guillen, Larkin, Ravech, Bobby Valentine, Orel Hershiser, Chris Berman, Rick Sutcliffe, Aaron Boone, Dan Shulman, Jon Sciambi, Chris Singleton, Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjian, Steve Berthiaume, Gary Thorne, Marc Kestecher, Peter Pascarelli and ESPN.com and ESPNDallas.com reporters (below).
World Series on ESPN Radio
ü Exclusive national broadcasts of every World Series game;
ü Live streaming coverage on ESPNRadio.com and via the ESPN Radio mobile app;
ü ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball commentators Shulman, Hershiser and Valentine providing commentary;
ü Reports from Olney and Kurkjian;
ü Pregame coverage provided by Sciambi, Singleton, Pascarelli and Kestecher.
World Series coverage across platforms
- Daily news and highlights from ESPN MLB commentators;
- Live segments from games sites throughout the day, to be anchored by Berman (Games One/Two), Ravech and Berthiaume.
- Breaking news, highlights and video analysis;
- Interactive features including live chats (World Series Live) and GameCast;
- Extensive blog coverage including Stats & Info, “The GM’s Office with Jim Bowden” and SweetSpot;
- ESPN.com reporters on-site to include, Jayson Stark, Howard Bryant, Jim Caple, Amy Nelson, Jerry Crasnick, Jim Bowden, David Schoenfield, Gene Wojciechowski, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage via ESPNDallas.com.
ü Social Media
- Baseball Tonight Facebook page content including predictions, daily debates, videos and photos;
- Baseball Tonight Twitter (@ESPN_BBTN) providing up-to-the-minute news and information and real-time game updates;
- ESPN.com stories fed through the @ESPN_MLB Twitter feed.
ü ESPN International
- Every World Series game presented by ESPN International throughout Latin America, Caribbean, Africa, New Zealand and the Middle East and on ESPN America in Europe.
And that will do it.