Let’s provide the ESPN College Sports Update for Week 4 of the College Football season. Again, there’s plenty of good stuff you can peruse. Plus, you get a link to a profile of the very lovely Samantha Steele who’s profile is increasing thanks to her work at Longhorn Network and her various assignments on ESPN and ABC this season.
I also have a video in this update so take a look.
Weekly Studio Shows
- Daily at 3:30 p.m. (ESPN) and reaired at 4 p.m. (ESPNU) – College Football Live
- Saturday from 9-10 a.m. (ESPNU) & 10 a.m.-noon (ESPN) – College GameDay will travel to Morgantown, W.Va., visiting the school for the first time in GameDay’s 25-year history. Segments include: Tom Rinaldi with Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon; Erin Andrews with Clemson’s Dabo Swinney; Urban’s Spotlight: WVU offense/LSU defense; The “Fail” Room (Alabama’s visitor’s locker room)
- Saturday from Noon-8 p.m. (ESPNEWS) – College Football Live
This week’s schedule will include three games pitting ranked teams against each other and several matchups between undefeated programs, including:
Saturday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m. (ABC) –No. 2 LSU and No. 16 West Virginia
Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit & Erin Andrews
- LSU defeated WVU in Baton Rouge 20-14 last year
- This is the third ranked opponent LSU will play in the first four weeks of the season (The Tigers have defeated Oregon and Mississippi State on the road)
Saturday, Sept. 24, at 3:30 p.m. (ABC, ESPN2 & ESPN3) – No. 7 Oklahoma State at No. 8 Texas A&M
Sean McDonough, Matt Millen & Jeannine Edwards
- The only top 10 matchup of the week
- Oklahoma State has won the past three matchups
Saturday, Sept. 24, at 3:30 p.m. (ESPN, ESPN 3D & ESPN3 – No. 11 Florida State at No. 21 Clemson
ESPN: Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge & Holly Rowe
ESPN 3D: Dave Lamont, Tim Brown & Alyssa Roegnik
- Clemson’s second of three consecutive games against ranked teams (defeated then-No. 21 Auburn last week and faces current No. 13 Virginia Tech on Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. on ESPN2 & ESPN3)
- Florida State’s second straight game against a ranked team (lost to No. 1 Oklahoma 23-13 last Saturday)
Saturday, Sept. 24, at 7 p.m. (ESPN2 & ESPN3) – Vanderbilt at No. 12 South Carolina
Mark Neely & Ray Bentley
- James Franklin is the only Vanderbilt football coach to start the season 3-0 since 1943 in his first year
- South Carolina has won nine of the past 11 matchups with Vanderbilt winning in 2007 and 2008
Spotlight: Samantha Steele Sideline reporter Samantha Steele took a timeout to let us know how her first few weeks pulling double duty for both LHN and ESPN are going. Steele joined the company in July 2011 and can be found most weeks on the sidelines at Texas’ athletics events, and on weekends, chasing down stories at some of the season’s biggest football games. This Saturday night, she’ll be reporting from the Florida at Kentucky game (7 p.m. on ESPN).
College GameDay Notebook
Saturday at 9-10 a.m. (ESPNU) & 10 a.m.-noon (ESPN) – College GameDay heads to Morgantown, W.Va., for its first time in the 25-year history of the show.
On Saturday, the GameDay set will be located at Mountainlair Plaza on the Downtown Campus at the corner of North High Street and Prospect.
As College GameDay’s Lee Corso picks his way toward No. 200, this gem from the GameDay treasure trove in 2007 reveals that he’s not nearly as discriminate with his snack selections:
And that’s it for now.