I hope I get this weekly because this is a good press release from ESPN regarding its upcoming college sports programming. We get plenty of updates on the studio shows, where College GameDay is heading and the games that will be shown. Plus, we get some news and notes here. I’ll post this verbatim. You can read what you want.
As far as I know, this is a new feature from ESPN and I’m glad to be able to post this for you. Let’s see what ESPN is saying about its college sports programming for this week.
- Thursday & Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN) — College Football Live airs prior to both weekday primetime games
- Saturday at 9-10 a.m. (ESPNU) & 10 a.m.-noon (ESPN) — College GameDay in Arlington, Texas, for the Cowboys Classic: Segments include Alabama’s Carson Tinker; Florida’s Will Muschamp; Oklahoma All-Access; college football’s offseason and USF’s Skip Holtz
- Saturday at 3:30 p.m. (ESPN) — Special ESPN Goal Line simulcast for one hour
- Monday at 7 p.m. (ESPN) — College Football Live will air from College Park, Md., for a special one-hour show prior to Miami at Maryland on ESPN
No. 3 Oregon vs. No. 4 LSU in the Cowboys Classic from Arlington, Texas, Sept. 3, at 8 p.m. on ABC
- The first meeting between the two programs since 1997 and the fourth ever. Oregon has won two of the previous three games.
- LSU also opened the 2010 season at a neutral site, defeating North Carolina 30-24 in the Kickoff Game in Atlanta.
No. 5 Boise State vs. No. 19 Georgia in the Kickoff Game from Atlanta Sept. 3, at 8 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN3.com
- The two schools have played each other only once before, a 48-13 Georgia victory from Athens, Ga. in 2005.
- The game marks the first time Georgia will open the season against a team as highly ranked as Boise State since playing No. 5 Alabama in 1965, an 18-17 victory.
Spotlight: David Pollack
An All-American at Georgia, David Pollack is the newest contributor to ESPN’s College GameDay and half of Palmer & Pollack, ESPNU’s newest college football show. ESPN sat down with David for a few off-the-field questions.
Who has taught you the most about being on TV?
Actually, television has taught me the most. I watch TV and see what I like and what I don’t like. It’s not one person; it’s every person on TV. Then you have to take that and see what fits you and what doesn’t. Read More.
On the All-Access: Kentucky — Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., in advance of Western Kentucky vs. Kentucky (from Nashville), ESPNU will take viewers inside the Wildcats’ football program as they close in on the season opening game.
ESPNU Road Trip — Saturday at 8 p.m., Jonathan Drubner and new co-host Niki Noto take in the scenery on the campus of Georgia before heading to the Atlanta Motor Speedway, the Herschel SEC Storied film premiere and the Georgia Dome for an inside look at the transformation from Atlanta Falcons NFL home to the Kickoff Game.
- ESPN College GameDay celebrates its 25th season and 25 years of Lee Corso this year. In the spirit of Saturday’s big primetime games – Oregon vs. LSU and Boise St. vs. Georgia – we dug through the archives and found this memorable image from the 2010 BCS National Championship and this 2010 spot capturing a little known game preparation technique by Coach Corso.
- To get in the GameDay swing of things, we created this quiz to test your Saturday morning acumen.
- This week’s GameDay set will be located in LOT 3 of Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Fans are encouraged to arrive by 8.am. local time. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will serve as the celebrity game picker this week.
- Happy anniversary to Erin Andrews. She completed her first show as part of the GameDay lineup on September 4, 2010. LSU faced North Carolina in Atlanta.