The YES Network, jokingly called Al-Yankzeera by Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News, has proclaimed that it’s the most watched Regional Sports Network for the eighth straight year. It cites the ratings for the Yankees plus other programming.
NEW YORK, January 26, 2011 – The YES Network finished the 2010 broadcast year* as the most-watched regional sports network (RSN) in the country for the eighth straight year. YES was the most-watched RSN in the country in Total Day (Monday-Sunday/6a-2a) for the eighth consecutive year, and was the most-watched RSN nationwide in Primetime (Monday-Sunday/7p-11p) for the seventh time in eight years. Also, YESNetwork.com experienced a 44% year-over-year increase in unique users.
2010 YES Network Ratings
- YES averaged 72,000 Primetime TV households in the New York DMA in 2010. Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia was second nationally in 2010 with an average of 69,000 TV households.
- YES averaged 32,000 Total Day TV households in the New York DMA in 2010. Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia was second nationally in 2010 with an average of 20,000 TV households.
- YES experienced year-over-year increases in both Primetime and in Total Day in key younger demos such as Men 18-34 and Adults 18-34.
YES’ New York Dominance
- YES’ Primetime average of 72,000 TV households is comparable to the next two New York regional sports networks combined (SNY and MSG — 72,000 combined)
- YES’ Total Day average of 32,000 TV households was more than the three remaining New York regional sports networks combined (SNY, MSG and MSG+ — 29,000 combined)
2010 Yankees on YES
- YES saw year-over-year growth in key demos, as well, including: Men 18-34 (+11%), Men 25-54 (+11%), Adults 18-34 (23%) and Adults 25-54 (11%).
- YES’ primetime Yankees telecasts ranked #1 in the New York DMA on 39 of 45 straight game nights in demos such as Men 18+, Men 18-49, Men 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
Other 2010 YES Ratings Highlights
- Yankees Hot Stove, from its premiere in November through the end of the calendar year, experienced a 48% year-over-year increase in aggregate delivery per episode. This marks the highest-rated average TV HH audience ever for the program. YES added a second live weekly Yankees Hot Stove show this off-season.
- The average number of TV households tuning in to YES’ live simulcasts of WFAN’s Mike’d Up: Francesa on the FAN show in 2010 – 22,000 – was the most ever for YES’ simulcasts of WFAN’s mid-day show, and is a 22% year-over-year increase.
- Football Sunday with Mike Francesa, from the start of the 2010 NFL season through the end of the calendar year, averaged 17,000 TV Households, a 55% increase from the previous year. Demo increases include 50% in both Men 25-54 and Adults 25-54.
*2010 Broadcast Calendar Year: 12/28/09 – 12/26/10
(Ratings Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day Data)
That will do it.