Known as the third all-sports network in Canada after TSN and Rogers Sportsnet, The Score has unveiled an iPad app. It’ll have plenty of scores, stats and news for the hardcore Canadian sports fan. Of course, it’ll be available in the US as well at the iTunes store.
Score Media Introduces theScore iPad EditionCreators of leading mobile app, ScoreMobile, launches one of the first free iPad sports apps on the marketTORONTO, July 27th, 2010 – Score Media Inc. (TSX: SCR) today announces the launch of theScore iPad Edition, one of the first free sports apps on the market from the creators of the leading mobile app, ScoreMobile. Already a leading free sports app just days after launching in Apple’s App Store, theScore iPad Edition offers the latest stats, news, scores and standings from every major sports league, while integrating the best content from The Score’s multiplatform properties – The Score Television Network, theScore.com, Hardcore Sports Radio (HSR) and ScoreMobile – all on one app.A hybrid of Score Media’s leading sports app, ScoreMobile, and it’s newly relaunched website, theScore.com, theScore iPad Edition brings iPad users the best of both platforms while offering original video and audio content from The Score Television Network and HSR.theScore iPad Edition is the perfect companion for watching sports on TV or sitting around with your friends discussing the latest trade and stories of the day. It also gives users unlimited and immediate access to up-to-the-minute stats and entertaining content including:
- Real-time scores, breaking news and updates
- Original digital video segments available exclusively to iPad users like The Score’s hit web show, The Break and The Footy Show, a news program and podcast dedicated to covering all of the latest soccer news and highlights
- Integrated social tools for sharing articles, blog posts and videos
- The Score’s entertaining television content offering unique interviews with top athletes along with iPad exclusives from The Score’s world renowned reporter Cabral “Cabbie” Richards as well as the popular, irreverent NBA web show, The Basketball Jones
- A slick interface designed specifically for the iPad with an intuitive and clean navigation structure“It took Apple only 80 days to sell 3 million iPads worldwide and with the exception of iPhone 4, that is faster than any other iDevice it’s sold in the past. The iPad is yet another disruptive device that will transform how people consume and share content,” says Jonathan Savage, Vice President, Digital, Score Media Inc. He adds, “We believe theScore iPad Edition is the best sports app for iPad on the market, period. And just like ScoreMobile, our leading mobile property, it’s free, fast and fundamental to sports fans anywhere.”NuLayer, one of Canada’s most innovative and reputable software development firms, worked closely with Score Media’s content team to build the iPad app for the company.“theScore iPad Edition takes advantage of all the great features the iPad has to offer and leverages its native performance and flexible web views,” says Jeff Brenner, Co-Founder, NuLayer. “It’s an awesome app that provides a socially-integrated way to explore the sports world. Fans are going to love it.”Download theScore iPad Edition from Apple’s App Store and get ready for sports overload, non-stop entertainment and hardcore fandemonium!For more information visit www.theScore.com/iPad.
We actually have some breaking news. Hold on.