We won’t have a Triple Crown winner in horse racing this year. It’s been something we’ve been saying since 1978, but with different winners in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, there’s not much interest in the Belmont which is always run on the first Saturday in June. ESPN wants you to know that the Belmont is on ABC.
Belmont Stakes on ABC SaturdayESPN and ABC will offer seven hours of coverage of the Belmont Stakes Saturday, June 5 starting at noon ET — including ABC’s two-hour race broadcast at 5 p.m. All Belmont programming on ABC and ESPN will be aired in high definition on ABC HD and ESPN HD, respectively.Overall, ESPN will provide Belmont Stakes coverage on: ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN.com, ESPN3.com, ESPN International, ESPN Classic and ESPN Mobile TV.Joe Tessitore will host the programming with analysts Jerry Bailey and Randy Moss, reporters Jeannine Edwards, Jay Privman, Steve Cyphers, Tom Rinaldi and Caton Bredar and handicappers Kenny Mayne and Hank Goldberg. ABC will use 38 cameras to cover the race, including a super slo-mo camera and a helicopter cameraFeatures to be aired during The Belmont telecast on ABC and ESPN will include:
- Alan Seewald, who died unexpectedly on April 12 at the age of 62, was the previous trainer of Uptowncharlybrown
- Alexis Barba, the trainer of Make Music for Me, attempting to be the first woman trainer to win a Triple Crown race.
- Is the length of time between the Triple Crown races too short?
- Trainer Nick Zito analyzes the state of horse racing in New York State.The multimedia coverage will include:
- ESPN.com: Stories, updates and video clips all week leading up to the Belmont.
- ESPN3.com: Will simulcast both Today at Belmont Stakes and the Belmont Stakes Special on Saturday. ESPN3.com will also feature the entire Belmont race available on demand late Saturday night after 2:30 a.m. ET.
- ESPN Mobile TV: Will air Today at Belmont Stakes and the Belmont Stakes Special live on ESPN Mobile TV. Belmont customized content will also be featured on the ESPN Mobile Web in a dedicated section in the Hot Corner, a Breaking News Alert on the winner and video analysis. ESPN Mobile TV is ESPN’s 24/7 wireless video network available on Sprint TV, FLO TV and MobiTV platforms.
- International: Sub-Saharan Africa, Israel, North Africa and the Middle east, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America and the Caribbean. Also, the Belmont States will be televised in HD in Brazil and Australia.Noon – 2:30 p.m. Today at the Belmont Stakes – ESPN2:30 – 5 p.m. The Belmont Stakes Special – ESPN5 – 5:30 p.m. Belmont Pre-Race – ABC5:30-7 p.m. The 142nd Belmont Stakes – ABC
And we’re done with this post.