We have the golf tournaments on Golf Channel and CBS over the last part of the week. Let’s take a look at the Golf Channel’s schedule first.
Golf Channel Live Tournament Coverage: May 20-23Top 64 Women in the World at Sybase Match Play ChampionshipPGA TOUR Heads to Dallas for the HP Byron Nelson ChampionshipEuropean Tour’s Flagship Event – BMW PGA ChampionshipDates: May 20-23Venue: Hamilton Farm Golf Club, Gladstone, N.J.Airtimes (Eastern):Thursday 1-3 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-8:30 p.m. (TD)Friday 1-3 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-8:30 p.m. (TD)Saturday 2-5 p.m. (Live) / 9:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)Sunday 2-5 p.m. (Live) / 9:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)Golf Channel Live Tournament Broadcast Team:Brian Hammons (Play by Play)Michelle McGann (Analyst)Tom Abbott (Tower)Jerry Foltz (On Course)Val Skinner (On Course)Stephanie Sparks (On Course / Interviews)Broadcast Notes:
- The Sybase Match Play Championship will feature the top-64 players in the world.
- Thursday and Friday’s coverage will feature morning matches in the 1-3 p.m. ET window and afternoon matches in the 6:30-8:30 p.m. ET window.
- LPGA Tour professional Michelle McGann will make her Golf Channel on-air debut as lead analyst, working in the booth with play-by-play host Brian Hammons.
- The four brackets are named for Kathy Whitworth (88 wins), Mickey Wright (82 wins), Annika Sorenstam (72 wins), and Patty Berg (60 wins), all of whom are members of both the LPGA and World Golf Halls of Fame. The tournament’s No. 1 seed will be placed in the Whitworth Group, while the No. 2, 3 and 4 seeds will be placed in the Wright Group, Sorenstam Group and Berg Group, respectively.Dates: May 20-23Venue: TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas, Irving, TexasThursday 3-6 p.m. (Live) / 8:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)Friday 3-6 p.m. (Live) / 8:30-11:30 p.m. (Replay)Golf Channel Live Tournament Broadcast Team:Kelly Tilghman (Play by Play)Nick Faldo (Analyst)Peter Oosterhuis (Tower)Gary McCord (Tower)Billy Ray Brown (On Course)Mike Ritz (Interviews)Broadcast Notes:
- Aimpoint Featured at Byron Nelson Championship: Aimpoint, Golf Channel’s Emmy-award winning technology that predicts the line of a putt and where a player must aim to hole out, will be featured on holes 9 and 15 at TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas.
- The field includes: Kenny Perry, Fred Couples, Davis Love III, 2010 Ryder Cup Captain Corey Pavin, Rory Sabbatini, Sean O’Hair, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Justin Leonard and Ben Crane.Dates: May 20-23Venue: Wentworth Club, Surrey, EnglandAirtimes (Eastern):Thursday 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live)Friday 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (Live)Saturday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-9:30 p.m. (Replay)Sunday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Live) / 7-9:30 p.m. (Replay)Broadcast Notes:
- The field includes: Ernie Els, Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Rory McIlroy, Padraig Harrington, Paul Casey, Martin Kaymer, Henrik Stenson, Retief Goosen, Luke Donald, Charl Schwartzel, Alvaro Quiros, Ross Fisher, Francesco Molinari, Justin Rose, Matteo Manassero and Shaun Micheel.
- The flagship event on The 2010 European Tour International schedule, the PGA Championship returns to a newly remodeled West Course at Wentworth Club for the 27th consecutive year.
- Past Champions of the event include: Arnold Palmer, Nick Faldo, Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Colin Montgomerie, Angel Cabrera and Paul Casey.
TEXASSWING” CONTINUES WITH SECOND LEG IN LONE AT “HP BYRON NELSON CHAMPIONSHIP” ON CBS SPORTS, MAY 22-23 STAR STATEThe PGA TOUR’s “Texas Swing” continues this weekend at the BYRON NELSON CHAMPIONSHIP, a tournament with one of the richest traditions in the game of golf, as CBS Sports broadcasts the third and final rounds on Saturday, May 22 and Sunday, May 23 (3:00-6:00 PM, ET, both days), live from TPC Las Colinas in Irving, Texas.The first tournament was played in 1944 at Lakewood Country Club where Byron Nelson won by 10 strokes. His victory that year was the start of a two-year run in which the World Golf Hall of Famer won 26 tournaments, including his PGA TOUR record-streak of 11 consecutive wins in 1945. Nelson has had his name attached to this tournament since 1968. He was a fixture at this event, greeting players on the first tee and watching from the porch behind the 18th green where many of the players would stop after completing their round.No player has ever won the Texas Grand Slam (Shell Houston Open, Valero Texas Open, HP Byron Nelson Classic and Crowne Plaza Invitational) although several have won three titles. This week Corey Pavin shoots to become the first to win all four.Defending champion Rory Sabbatini aims to become the first player to win back-to-back titles here since Tom Watson won three straight from 1978-80. Sabbatini defends his title in a strong field that includes Vijay Singh, J.B. Holmes, Y.E. Yang, Justin Leonard, Hunter Mahan, Kenny Perry, Rickie Fowler, Rocco Mediate, Chad Campbell, Dustin Johnson, Charley Hoffman, Sean O’Hair, Stuart Appleby, Chez Reavie, Rod Pampling, Mark Calcavecchia, Charles Howell III, Ricky Barnes, Corey Pavin, Scott Verplank, Tim Herron and Chris DiMarco.Jim Nantz, the 2009 Emmy Award Winner for “Outstanding Sports Personality – Play-by-Play” and 2009 National Sportscaster of the Year, serves as anchor of CBS Sports’ golf coverage. Sir Nick Faldo, winner of six major championships and more than 40 tournaments worldwide, serves as lead analyst. Ian Baker-Finch calls the action at the 17th hole and Gary McCord at the 16th hole. David Feherty and Peter Kostis serve as on-course reporters. Lance Barrow is Coordinating Producer and Steve Milton is Director of CBS Sports’ golf coverage. Harold Bryant is Vice President, Production, CBS Sports.* * * * *2010 CBS GOLF SCHEDULEMay 22 (3:00-6:00 PM) HP Byron Nelson, TPC Las ColinasMay 23 (3:00-6:00 PM) Championship Irving, TXMay 29 (3:00-6:00 PM) Invitational, Colonial Country Club Crowne PlazaMay 30 (3:00-6:00 PM) at Colonial Fort Worth, TXJune 5 (3:00-6:00 PM) The Memorial Tournament, Golf Club Muirfield VillageJune 6 (1:30-6:00 PM) , OH DublinJune 12 (3:00-6:00 PM) St. Jude Classic, TPC SouthwindJune 13 (3:00-6:00 PM) Memphis, TNJune 26 (3:00-6:00 PM) Travelers, TPC River HighlandsJune 27 (3:00-6:00 PM) Championship Cromwell, CTJuly 3 (3:00-6:00 PM) AT&T National, Aronimink Golf ClubJuly 4 (2:00-6:30 PM) NewtownSquare, PAJuly 10 (3:00-6:00 PM) John Deere Classic, TPC Deere RunJuly 11 (3:00-6:00 PM) Silvis, ILJuly 24 (3:00-6:00 PM) RBC Canadian Open, St. Georges Golf and CCJuly 25 (3:00-6:00 PM) Etobicoke, Ontario, CanadaJuly 31 (3:00-6:00 PM) The Greenbrier Classic, The Old White CourseAug. 1 (3:00-6:00 PM) White Sulphur Springs, WVAug. 7 (2:00-6:00 PM) WGC-Bridgestone, Firestone Country ClubAug. 8 (1:00-6:00 PM) Invitational Akron, OHAug. 12 (12:37-1:07 AM) PGA Championship, The Straits Course, Whistling StraitsAug. 13 (12:37-1:07 AM) Kohler, WIAug. 14 (2:00-7:00 PM)Aug. 15 (2:00-7:00 PM)Aug. 21 (2:00-5:00 PM) Wyndham Championship, Sedgefield Country ClubAug. 22 (2:00-5:00 PM) Greensboro, NCAug. 28 (3:00-6:00 PM) The Barclays, RidgewoodCountry ClubAug. 29 (2:00-6:00 PM) Paramus, NJ
We’re done here.