Got this release from CBC talking about its ratings for its group of series including Ottawa-Pittsburgh and Vancouver-Los Angeles. While some thought CBC should have aired Montreal-Washington instead of Ottawa-Pittsburgh, the network did quite well.
Take a look.
HIGHEST ROUND ONE AUDIENCE IN SIX SEASONS FOR 2010 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ON CBC’S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADAThe results are in and Canadian hockey fans love what they see on CBC. According to BBM overnight data the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs on CBC’S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA resulted in the program’s highest overall average audience for Round One since 2004. Audiences to Round One in 2010 averaged 1.422 million*. In 2009, Round One on CBC had an average audience of 951,000. Round One in 2004 featured five of the six Canadian teams and had an average audience of 1.989 million.Individually:
- The Ottawa/Pittsburgh series averaged 2 million over six games
- The Vancouver/Los Angeles series averaged 2.031 million over six games
- The Buffalo/Boston series averaged 736,000 over six games
- The Colorado/San Jose series averaged 825,000 over six gamesThe highest average audience to a single game was 2.948 million* for game six between Ottawa and Pittsburgh on April 24, followed closely by the 2.826 million average audience for game six between Vancouver and Los Angeles on April 25.Live Streaming views totalled 712,144 for Round One on CBCSports.ca/stanleycup, with a single game high of 73,767 streaming views for game five between Ottawa and Pittsburgh on April 22. Game six between Vancouver and Los Angeles had 57,916 streaming views. Total streaming views in 2009 for Round One were 267,543.*Source: 2010 television audiences are BBM overnight, A2+ (PPM measurement). Streaming numbers: CBC Research – Omniture HBX (2009) and Omniture Site Catalyst (2010)
And in the Conference Semifinal round, CBC will get the first two picks of playoffs so it could potentially have two series involving Canadian teams while TSN would have two all-American series.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone