As the official satellite radio partner of the National Football League, Sirius XM Satellite Radio plans plenty of shows live from Miami, site of this year’s Super Bowl XLIV. Two channels, Mad Dog Radio and Sirius NFL Radio will be live from Radio Row at the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center all next week. Here’s Sirius XM’s press release:
SIRIUS XM RADIO ANNOUNCES COMPREHENSIVE BROADCAST COVERAGE FOR SUPER BOWL XLIVSIRIUS and XM listeners will have access to 14 different broadcasts of Super Bowl XLIV in 10 languagesSIRIUS NFL Radio and Mad Dog Radio to broadcast live from South FloridaSuper Bowl Week coverage kicks off with live broadcast of the Pro Bowl on Sunday, Jan. 31NEW YORK – January 28, 2010 – SIRIUS XM Radio, the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, announced today that it will broadcast Super Bowl XLIV in 10 languages, offering listeners 14 different live broadcasts plus live talk programming from South Florida throughout Super Bowl Week.On Super Bowl Sunday, February 7 (6:00 pm ET), SIRIUS XM will air an expanded lineup of live play-by-play broadcasts of Super Bowl XLIV from Sun Life Stadium in South Florida. The 14 different game calls will be available to SIRIUS subscribers and XM subscribers with the “Best of SIRIUS” programming package.
- Indianapolis Colts broadcast – SIRIUS 123/XM 102
- New Orleans Saints broadcast – SIRIUS 125/XM 103
- National Radio broadcast – SIRIUS 124/XM 124
- BBC Radio broadcast – SIRIUS 130/XM 104
- Spanish language broadcast – SIRIUS 91/XM 105
- Spanish broadcast (Canal + Spain) – SIRIUS 155/XM 106
- Russian broadcast (NTV Plus) – SIRIUS 154/XM 107
- French broadcast (W9) – SIRIUS 157/XM 108
- Japanese broadcast (NHK Japan) – SIRIUS 158/XM 109
- German broadcast (ARD) – SIRIUS 127/XM 110
- Italian broadcast (RAI) – SIRIUS 122/XM 111
- Hungarian broadcast (Sport1) – SIRIUS 90/XM 112
- Dutch broadcast (Prime Sport) – SIRIUS 152/XM 113
- Danish broadcast (Viasat) – SIRIUS 126/XM 114“The Super Bowl showcases the breadth and depth of SIRIUS XM’s programming; we will offer listeners more comprehensive and far-reaching content during Super Bowl Week than can be found anywhere else,” said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS XM Radio’s President and Chief Content Officer. “Fans nationwide will have access to the game in 10 different languages, and with our SIRIUS NFL Radio talent, Chris ‘Mad Dog’ Russo, plus a variety of other SIRIUS XM personalities broadcasting live from South Florida, we will offer listeners unparalleled access to one of the biggest events of the year.”Starting Monday, February 1, SIRIUS NFL Radio will broadcast live every day from Radio Row at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center offering listeners all the latest news and analysis leading up to the biggest game of the year, plus dozens of interviews with players, coaches, league executives and celebrities. Available to listeners nationwide on SIRIUS channel 124 and XM channel 124 with the “Best of SIRIUS” programming package, SIRIUS NFL Radio features a lineup of expert hosts that includes Gil Brandt, Derrick Brooks, Randy Cross, Rich Gannon, Pat Kirwan, Jim Miller, Bob Papa, Tim Ryan, Ross Tucker, Solomon Wilcots, Peter King and Adam Schein.SIRIUS NFL Radio will also broadcast live from Sun Life Stadium on Media Day, Tuesday, February 2 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm ET), offering one-on-one interviews with players and coaches from the Colts and Saints. On Saturday, February 6 (4:00 pm ET), SIRIUS NFL Radio will provide live coverage as the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2010 is announced. Listeners will hear the live announcement as well as one-on-one interviews with the newly elected Hall of Famers.Renowned sports talk host Chris ‘Mad Dog’ Russo will also be in South Florida all week to host his daily show, Mad Dog Unleashed, live from Radio Row (2:00-7:00 pm ET). The show is the anchor program for SIRIUS XM’s all-sports talk channel, Mad Dog Radio (SIRIUS channel 123, XM channel 144). On Saturday, February 6, Russo will host a special Saturday edition of Mad Dog Unleashed live from Radio Row.On Sunday, January 31 (7:30 pm ET) SIRIUS NFL Radio will carry the live broadcast of the Pro Bowl from Sun Life Stadium. The annual all-star matchup of the AFC’s best and NFC’s best is returning to the U.S. mainland after being played in Hawaii since 1980.As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SIRIUS XM Radio broadcasts every NFL game live nationwide, from the preseason through the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl. Fans can also tune into SIRIUS NFL Radio, for the only radio channel dedicated to the NFL 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
That will do it for this release. I do have one more Super Bowl-related release, but will come after the linkage which I’ve been trying to finish, but press releases keep arriving in my inbox.