As unveiled on Mike and the Mad Dog show Thursday, here are WFAN’s Top 20 Sports Moments from the last 20 years.
1. The New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup in 1994 for the first time since 1940.
2. Scott Norwood misses a FG to lose Super Bowl XXV.
3. Yankees win the 1996 World Series.
4. HA! The Red Sox beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS and go on to win the 2004 World Series.
5. Mike Piazza hits the GW home run in the first game back from 9/11.
6. MATTEAU! MATTEAU! MATTEAU! Stephane Matteau’s OT goal in 1994 to bring the Rangers to the Stanley Cup Finals, beating the New Jersey Devils.
7. Aaron Boone’s home run to win the 2003 ALCS over the Red Sox.
8. Yankees win the 2000 World Series.
9. Derek Jeter’s backhand flip to Jorge Posada to get Jeremy Giambi in Game 3 of the 2001 ALDS
10. Mets trade for Mike Piazza, May 22, 1998
11. Mets sign Pedro Martinez
12. Mets win the 2000 NLCS
13. Robin Ventura’s Grand Slam single in the 1999 NLCS
14, Roger Clemens throws the bat at Mike Piazza, 2000 World Series
15. Cal Ripken, Jr. breaks Lou Gehrig’s record for most consecutive games played, September 6, 1995
16. Endy Chavez robs Scott Rolen of a home run, 2006 NLCS
17. Mark Messier traded to the New York Rangers, October 4, 1991
18. Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson, February 11, 1990
19. David Cone’s perfect game for the New York Yankees, July 18, 1999
20. The very first sign on, July 20, 1987, with Suzyn Waldman.
. If you can’t hear it, the moments are listed on WFAN’s website and there are some interviews that are available for download as well.